Every well-executed strategy starts with a clear goal. And every clear goal can be identified by asking a simple question: Where are you now — and where do you want to be?
For brands and retailers worldwide, driving digital shelf performance requires thoughtful goal-setting and the careful tracking and measurement of key performance indicators (KPIs) for ecommerce.
Our new download, “KPIs for Ecommerce Cheat Sheet,” outlines the 12 most important ecommerce KPIs for brands and retailers, empowering you to identify which KPIs can help you best meet your goals.
What Are the 12 Most Important KPIs for Ecommerce?
Download our cheat sheet to get an easy-to-use, scannable resource for breaking down the basics of what each KPI measures and how it can help you with your unique ecommerce goals based on the maturity of your organisation. It also offers helpful formulas to show you exactly how to calculate KPI performance.
Get breakdowns of the most important ecommerce KPIs, including:
- Conversion rate;
- Average order value (AOV);
- Shopping cart abandonment rate (CAR);
- Website traffic;
- Customer acquisition cost (CAC);
- Customer lifetime value (LTV);
- Customer retention rate (CRR);
- Product availability;
- Return on ad spend (ROAS);
- Return on investment (ROI);
- Share of search; and
- Gross profit.
How Do I Choose the Right Ecommerce KPIs?
With KPIs for ecommerce, less is more. “Picking the specific numbers that you care about — and focusing on absolutely nailing those — is far more important than having access to every single thing that might happen for your products,” says Rob Gonzalez, CMO and co-founder at Salsify, in his “At the Whiteboard” video series.
Our cheat sheet breaks down five questions to ask when choosing KPIs for your organisation:
- Does this KPI align with my business goals?
- Does this KPI align with the maturity level of my business?
- Does my team have the ability to easily track this KPI?
- Does my team have the ability to easily measure this KPI?
- Does my team have the ability to affect the outcome of this KPI?
Drive Digital Shelf Performance
With this ecommerce cheat sheet, you can build a digital shelf strategy that allows you to focus on the most important KPIs for the maturity level of your organisation. Take action quickly and learn how to drive your performance across the digital shelf.